I’m here with a different kind of recipe today! I love to experiment with different foods to create scrubs or masks to help rejuvenate my body. This scrub is perfect for the summertime because strawberries are abundant, and it’s always a good idea to exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells. You can also use this on your lips because the taste is amazing! Plus, it helps to moisturize chapped lips 🙂
- 2-3 medium strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- anywhere from 2-4 tablespoons granulated sugar, depending on how thick you want the scrub to be
- Using a fork, whisk, or potato masher, mash the strawberries.
- Add the olive oil and sugar.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are combined
To use, apply the scrub to any body part and massage into your skin until the sugar has dissolved. Rinse the area with water to get rid of any excess scrub.
The strawberries in the scrub are the secret weapon. They contain vitamin C, salicylic acid, and antioxidants. The salicylic acid helps to remove dead skin cells and tighten pores. It also helps tame acne. The vitamin C helps new skin grow and repair faster. Lastly, the antioxidants keep your skin looking fresh and youthful. The olive oil adds moisture to your skin, and the sugar acts as a gentle exfoliant that won’t irritate your skin.
Store the scrub in the refrigerator, so that it keeps fresh longer.